About Our Farm
Our legacy began 137 years ago when Alexander Gillan purchased the first farm near Cordova, Nebraska in 1883. The family farm was passed down from generation to generation with the first family farming corporation beginning with Don and Jayne Petersen. Upon Don’s semi-retirement, Tom continued the family farming legacy when he created Petersen Bros., Inc. in 1998. Petersen Bros., Inc. is a family owned corporation and its name originates from the brothers who settled in area and started the legacy. Petersen Bros., Inc. is owned and operated by Tom and Angela Petersen.
The Petersen Bros., Inc. farming operations headquarters is located in the heart of Nebraska between the Exeter and Cordova communities along the Indian Creek River. Currently, Petersen Bros., Inc. farms both irrigated and dry land in Saline, Seward, and York counties in Nebraska.